The mission and focus of the Lancaster County Dental Society is to encourage the improvement of the health of the public, to promote the art and science of dentistry and to represent the interests of the members of the dental profession and the public which it serves. Investing in membership today will help your practice succeed in the future.
The Lancaster County Dental Society is the fourth oldest dental association in the United States, and consists of tripartite membership in the American Dental Association, Pennsylvania Dental Association and its component district society.
The structure of the society enables the LCDS to speak with a unified voice on the national, state and local levels. Promoting one of these levels enhances the efforts of all three.
The dental professional will face significant challenges in this new century. Organized dentistry’s goal is to meet these challenges directly while improving service and benefits of membership. Members can make a difference by getting involved. When you volunteer, you not only develop valuable leadership skills and network with colleagues, but you can help shape the future of the profession.
Membership in the LCDS links you to a powerful partnership of professional peers and programs designed to help you protect your career investment, so you can focus on your practice. As one of the oldest and most respected Dental Associations in the United States, all LCDS members adhere to a code of ethics, apparent in all aspects of membership, whether it is lobbying the General Assembly or improving dental care.
Member Benefits Include:
- Members save money and are able to focus on patient care through the business resources that work to keep your practice financially healthy: LCDS/ADA Endorsed Programs
- Continuing Education and Social Networking. Organized dentistry provides a great opportunity to make friends, build professional relationships and have fun: District, State and National meetings, updates and events posted on our social media pages
- Communication: The Handpiece, JADA, ADA news
- Legislative Advocacy: Your voice in Harrisburg and Washington, D.C.
- Healthcare Insurance Discounts for Members: Healthcare by members FOR members
- Mentoring: share your real-world experience with a student
- Convenient central office to serve your needs
- Community Outreach services
- Classified Advertising
- Leadership Opportunities: Volunteer for service on councils and committees
- The latest rules and regulation that impact your practice: amalgam separators, red flag rules, HIPAA & OSHA updates
Membership application confirmation and your dues invoice will be emailed to you.
Important Tax Information
- Dues payments are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes to the extent that payments are not made to 501(c)(3) organizations.
- U.S. Taxpayers – Under tax law, only that portion of association member's dues not attributable to lobbying activities is deductible as ordinary and necessary business expense.
- For 2011, 10.1% of ADA dues, 11% of LCDS dues and 0% of district dues are allocable to lobbying activities and non-deductible as a business expense.